The Coleman Hooligan 2 Backpacking Tent is a convenient, small-sized tent that’s ideal for weekend camping adventures. It sleeps two people.
- WeatherTec System’s patented welded floors and inverted seams help keep water out
- Spacious interior, room to move Dome design for quick 10-minute setup Snag-free, continuous pole sleeves for easy setup
- Fully covered vestibule for dry entry and added wind protection near the door
- Full rainfly for protection from the cold, sun, wind and rain Full-mesh inner tent for incredible ventilation
- Large windows help cool the tent Storage pockets keep gear organized Insta-Clip pole attachments stand up to winds 8′ x 6′ footprint 4’7″ center height
What I like about the Coleman Hooligan 2 Backpacking Tent
Size –this tent can sleep two people in complete comfort with a 8 x 6 even handles tall people and your gear. And with 56-inches of vertical space in the center there is plenty of room to move around which you can’t do with most backpacking tents.
Weather Protection – Coleman’s exclusive Weather-Tec system is guaranteed to keep you dry and includes: a waterproof floor, leak-free and with protected seams, weather resistant fabric. The Hooligan 2 comes with a rain fly that covers the tent for protection from the weather.
Ease of Setup – This tent features a one-pole shock-corded design for easy setup, takes about 5 minutes. New to backpacking, the setup directions are sewn right into the carry bag.
Ventilation – a mesh inner tent allows for great ventilation and insect control.
Pockets – handy interior gear pockets provide easy access to essentials items and the entry vestibule can also be used for gear storage.
Things That Could Be Improved with the Coleman Hooligan 2 Backpacking Tent
Weight – it is double the weight of many backpacking tents, however it does hold two people with a wealth of space. If is great for weekend backpacking or camping. For long distance hiking I would choose another style.
The Coleman Hooligan 2 Backpacking Tent is intended for
- Weekend car camping as you can even fit a mattress inside
- Backpacking or hiking for short trips
- Boy Scouts and other groups as it is easy to set up
Coleman Hooligan 2 Backpacking Tent Features and Specifications
- One room tent which sleeps two people
- Features Coleman’s Exclusive WeatherTec System, guaranteed to keep you dry
- Footprint of 8 x 6 feet with a peak height of 56 inches
- Single pole dome design, easy to setup
- Covered vestibule
- Full fly offers complete protection in even the harshest conditions
- Exclusive pin and ring design quickly secures frame
- 11mm fiberglass shock-corded poles for easy and quick setup
- Easy-to-follow instructions sewn into carry bag
- Separate storage bags for tents, poles and stakes
- Variflo adjustable venting system increases airflow
- Full mesh inner provides excellent breathability
- No-see-um mesh window let the breeze in and keep insects out
- Interior gear pockets provide easy access to important items
- Polyethylene 1000D-140g/sqm floor
- Pack Weight: 8 pounds, 12 ounces
- Trail Weight: 6 pounds, 15 ounces
What Customers Say About the Coleman Hooligan 2 Backpacking Tent
Most reviewers found it amazingly simple and fast to set up, about 5 – 10 minutes. With screen mesh all around it was very comfortable, even with the Texas summer heat.
Lots of good comments abut the interior room, enough for 2 adults and 2 small backpacks. I was even able to fit a queen size Coleman inflatable mattress inside with room to spare.
One backpacker stated he just got back from Great Smoky Mt. National Park and my brother and I used this tent for 4 days of backpacking. It turned into 4 days of rain forest like climate and this tent didn’t leak a drop. There were some substantial downpours at night that had me nervous about the money I had saved on buying this tent. The tent held up great.
Another person mentioned the Coleman Hooligan 2 tent was originally purchased as a two person backpacking tent. After several hikes through diverse weather, I have concluded that anyone will have a hard time finding a better tent for the money. The tent has much more interior space than one might think for an 8×6 ft base, partially due to the 56 inch center height. Others have found it a little to heavy for backpacking.
And to view other models of backpacking tents, click here. With a very economical price, plenty of interior space and waterproof too the Coleman Hooligan 2 Backpacking tent I recommend it for camping or short backpacking trips.