The three season Eureka Spitfire 1 Tent is a lightweight and compact tent for one person that can be quickly set up and still has some room for your gear.
What I like About the Eureka Spitfire 1 Tent
Room – It has more room than most solo tents, so you don’t feel like you’re packed in like a sardine when sleeping or staying out of the rain. A three-foot, four-inch center height provides ample headroom, and a large side door makes for easy entry-and-exit.
Weight – at 2 pounds, 12 ounces it is only just slightly (3 ounces) heavier than the Eureka Solitaire yet offers more space and yet will not be a burden while backpacking or bicycle touring.
Quick Set Up – setting up the Eureka Spitfire tent is quick and easy using the shock corded poles clips to attach the tent body to the frame with only two stakes are needed to secure the tent to the ground. The removable fly detaches to reveal sizable mesh areas in the tent body for optimal ventilation when the weather is warmer.
Water proof – Eureka tents stay dry. The windows, vents, and breathable fabrics allow cross-ventilation to minimize condensation inside, while bathtub-style floors wrap up the sides of the tent to keep water outside. All major seams are taped in the factory.
Things that could be improved for the Eureka Spitfire 1 Tent
Vestibule – this feature helps keep your boots or something small dry, but it is very small it would be nice if it was a little larger.
Who the Eureka Spitfire 1 Tent is intended for
- Backpackers or anyone on an overnight hiking trip who wants a vestibule for their gear
- If bicycle touring and require a lightweight tent
- Boy Scouts, I only mention this as a lot of the reviewers seem to be scouts
We have found Amazon to have the best prices for the Eureka Spitfire Tent. Click here to check it out.
Eureka Spitfire Tent Features and Specifications
- One-person, three-season hoop tent
- Fast and easy set up with post and grommet corner attachments and clips to attach the tent body to the Spitfire 1 frame.
- Only 2 stakes required to secure Spitfire 1 tent body; clips attach tent body to frame
- Large side entry door for easy access, full mesh panel windows
- One interior storage pocket for holding essentials
- 4.4-square-foot vestibule area
- 18-square-foot floor area
- Measures 26-by-42-by-108-inches (W x H x D) when erected
- Measures five-by-22-inches when packed
- Two-pound, 12-ounce weight
- Nine-millimeter DAC Featherlight 7000 series aluminum pole frame
- Poke-out vent in fly with zippered access in mesh roof cloth
- 75-denier 12000mm StormShield polyester rainfly with 4 storm guyouts
- 70-denier 1200mm nylon wall
- 75-denier 1200mm nylon taffeta floor
- 40-denier “no-see-um” mesh windows
- Sizeable mesh panels provide generous air flow in the Spitfire Tent
What Customers Are Saying About the Eureka Spitfire Tent
A lot of people gave this solo tent very positive ratings. Many commented on how easy it is to pitch and tear down, about 5 minutes according to most people.
Regarding the size one tall (6′ 4″) person fit in this tent with a little room to spare for gear. Another tall 6 foot tall person found it has enough room for their comfort, and they can sit up straight.
One backpacker bought this tent to travel with him along the Appalachian Trail. I literally lived in this for 6 months, and was impressed at how well it stood up to the test of time.
A cyclist stated, I have pitched this tent more than 175 times over 5 years of bicycle touring. Love the peak height, side entry, simplicity, pack size, weight, and durability. I have had no mechanical issues at all with it.
Click here to view other lightweight one person tents. With a large side entry, ample headroom, ventilation, and lightweight make the Eureka Spitfire Tent a desirable choice.