Ideal for backpacking or hiking trips, the Texsport® Saguaro 2-person bivy shelter tent provides a lightweight and easy-to-assemble place to rest your head. Its walls and rainfly are coated in polyurethane for protection against the elements, while features like a mesh arched door and roof panel promise fantastic ventilation when you need it. The 2-pole frame system offers simple setup, and a carry bag is included to make transport a breeze.
- Durable polyurethane-coated polyester taffeta walls and rainfly. Floor made of taffeta material. Silver-coated rainfly enhances UV protection; UPF 50+ weather shield.
- “No-see-um” half-mesh arched door and full-mesh roof panel; door has a zippered storm flap. 2-pole frame system (shock-corded fiberglass poles). Lightweight design makes it ideal for backpacking.
- Accommodates 2 people. Stakes and a storage bag are included. Flame retardant.
- 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty. Dimensions: L 7’8″ x W 3’8″ x H 37″ . Weight: 4 lbs.
- Model: 01165. Made in China.
The Texsport Saguaro Bivy Shelter Tent is a lightweight tent yet still offers some great features at a great value. For over 40 years Texsport has been supplying camping and outdoor recreational equipment.
What is great about the Texsport Saguaro Bivy Tent
Weight – easy to carry at only four pounds for a value priced tent
Quick setup – even beginners will have no difficulty setting up the Texsport Saguaro Bivy Shelter Tent. It is easy to set-up and take-down thanks to a unique two-pole internal frame system with shock-corded fiberglass poles.
Design – easy to get in and out of the tent with the arch style front door and its built-in “no-see-um” mesh window with zippered storm flap The large “no-see-um” mesh roof panels provides superior ventilation and bug protection. Heavy-duty taffeta walls and floor have a water-resistant polyurethane coating.
Cons about the Texsport Saguaro Bivy Tent
It is really a one person tent with gear. You can fit one adult and a child but two adults might be a little tight.
The Texsport Saguaro Bivy Tent is intended for
- Backpackers, as it weighs in at only four pounds yet with great ventilation and bug protection
- Bicycle touring, again as the tent and poles are lightweight
- Beginners tent for any hiking expedition
Texsport Sagauro Bivy Tent Features and Specifications
- Lightweight two person tent which weighs just four pounds
- 7’8” long x 3’8” wide x 51’ high
- Two-pole frame system with shock-corded fiberglass poles
- Walls and floor made of durable taffeta material with water-resistant polyurethane coating
- Arch-style front door provides easy in-and-out; built-in “no-see-um” mesh window with zippered storm flap
- Mesh roof panel
- Full-coverage rainfly with silver coating for UV protection
- Flame retardant to C.P.A.I.-84 specifications
- Includes ground stakes and carrying bag
- Includes limited three-year manufacturer’s warranty against defects in materials and workmanship
What customers say about the Texsport Sagauro Bivy Shelter Tent
There were lots of reviews from tent owners many who commented on the excellent value for the price for the Texsport Sagauro Bivy Shelter Tent.
Regarding size reviewers would not recommend squeezing two people in this tent unless it’s really cold and you enjoy the closeness. It is big enough to sit up in if you have to spend time in it due to rain… plenty of room for gear also.
Reviewers found it easy to put up whether veteran or beginner. For example one person stated if you ever put up any kind of tent in your life – you can put this one up in your sleep – no instructions needed. The poles are not terribly strong but I appreciate the low weight since I will be bicycle touring.
Regarding the tent construction a comment was that the actual taffetta tent material seems to be good quality and the rain fly provides full protection while maintaining breathability. Although the tent and fly seams are taped
One reviewer mentioned that other wilderness hikers asked about my shelter and wondered if they could get one for under $200 as their expensive bullet proof tents weren’t hacking it. You can imagine the look on their faces when I shared the price.
Another person headed off to Scotland and said the tent was fantastic! It was really put through its paces in interesting weather… howling winds at Glen Shiel, Lots of rain at Glen Etive and Kinlochleven, and howling winds with driving rain on Skye. It stood up to all of that without any leaks, tears, or other problems, and I thought sure it would get shredded at Glen Shiel. The netting is fine enough to keep out Scotland’s notorious midgies, so even they were not a problem.
See other models of one person tents by clicking this link. The Texsport Saguaro Bivy Shelter Tent provides great value and is lightweight too if you are going backpacking or bicycle touring.