The Outdoor Research Advanced Bivy is the perfect for kayakers, backpackers or those who are bicycle touring where a lightweight and compact design is a must. Skip your tent with the most feature-rich, high-performance Bivy Sack from Outdoor Research. Cut from GORE-TEX Respiration Positive, this bivy allows warm, moist air to escape, minimizing condensation, but blocks the elements. Need more space or air? Unzip the vent at the base and utilize the patented dual-pole system.
The average weight with the poles is only 39 ounces and its packed size is 15 ¼ x 4 x 4 inches. The bivy sack is spacious at 87 inches long and 26 inches wide at the shoulders (19 inches at your feet).
The 20 inch height with the dual poles creates adequate space and ventilation, not as claustrophobic and found with other bivy tents. The GORE-TEX fabric allows warm moist air to escape to avoid condensation while providing supreme weather protection. A zippered vent at the base improves airflow on humid nights.
The Outdoor Research Advanced Bivy is easy to set up in minutes. You can even open it up on a warm evenings as the bug screen keeps you protected from the insects.
This bivy is available from Amazon, click here for details.
Features of the Outdoor Research Advanced Bivy:
- Waterproof/breathable 3-layer Gore-Tex respiration positive fabric
- Durable Hydroseal coated waterproof nylon floor
- Removable no-see-um netting covers opening
- Two shock-corded Delrin poles, overhead and circumferential
- End opening zipper with wide storm flop
- Fully taped seams
- Sleeping pad straps
- Sized to fit thicker mats
- Five stake loops, three guy line loops
- High volume foot section with zippered vent
- Small internal mesh pocket
- Average weight: 34.0 oz. without poles; 39.0 oz. with poles
Video on the Outdoor Research Advanced Bivy Sack