The High Sierra Sentinel 65 Internal Frame Pack is very adjustable and comfortable while offering plenty of capacity whether you are hiking for the day or on an overnight trip.
What is good about the Sentinel 65
Convenient size – enough space in the 65 liter main compartment to hold all your camping gear. There is a bottom sleeping bag compartment as well with the entire pack weighing in at just 4.8 pounds.
Comfortable walking – the ergo-fit shoulder harness allows you to customize the pack length to your exact specifications while the dual, contoured aluminum frame bars can be adjusted to fit the shape of your back. There are also adjustable backpack straps with load-lifters, waist belt, and molded back panel boast moisture wicking Vapel mesh and Airflow padding for cool comfort on the move.
Hydration ready – there is an internal hydration reservoir sleeve and dual exit ports for the tube. In addition there are dual mesh pockets holding 1000-milliliter water bottles if you prefer.
Rain cover – you can be sure there will be some rain sometime while hiking so the tuck-away rain cover, stored in a bottom pocket also protects the pack is a great freature.
Accessories – there are plenty of accessories to hold gear including your hiking poles when you are not using them. Removable media pocket is attached to the backpack strap.
High Sierra Sentinel 65 Internal Frame Pack Features
- 65-liter, top-load main compartment with gusseted drawstring closure and adjustable top lid
- Front-load sleeping bag compartment with divider
- Hinged front pocket holds ropes
- Internal hydration reservoir sleeve and dual exit ports for the tube (reservoir not included)
- Removable media pocket is attached to the backpack strap
- Dual mesh pockets hold 1000-milliliter water bottles
- Webbing daisy chain on both sides
- Adjustable side and bottom compression straps keep gear secure
- Soft lashing hardware holds hiking poles
- Tuck-away rain cover stored in a bottom pocket
- Ergo-Fit shoulder harness, with adjustable load-lifters, is constructed with Vapel mesh Airflow and high-density foam padding
- Dual, contoured aluminum frame bars can be adjusted to fit the shape of your back
- Molded foam back panel with Airflow channels to keep your back cool and dry
- Waist belt, with Vapel mesh Airflow and high-density foam padding, wicks moisture
- Adjustable sternum strap stabilizes pack
- Dimensions: 32 x 14.25 x 8.75 inches
- Capacity: 3970.0 cubic inches
- Weight of 4.8 pounds
- Materials: Grid-Weave Duralite, Mini-Weave Duralite, Duraweave (bottom)
- Available in several colors as well
What customers say about the High Sierra Sentinel 65 Internal Frame Pack
Numerous reviewers stated they purchased it because of the low price and were surprised by the quality and all the features.
Many reviewers commented that it has plenty of space. One reviewer remarked, “it is sufficiently roomy for a 3-season 2/3 day trip and has an excellent strapping system both for fit and compression.”
Another hit with reviewers was the attached rain-fly which fits the pack very well even when heavily loaded.
Also reviewers said that the built in hydration ports are especially useful, as they were able to their Camelback reservoir with the pack. The compartment runs the full internal depth of the bag, and appears to be able to hold more than one bladder with duel hyrdration tubes ports (left and right side) and huge bladder compartment.
Regarding fit there were mixed reviews with a couple of people saying that anyone with a 32″ waist or under will not be able to cinch down tight enough to be usable. However a few people around that size thought it fit fine.
A few found it also squeaks a bit if your load shifts while walking but this can be fixed by tightening down the generous number of compression straps. Since the straps and height of the straps are adjustable it takes a little while to get it just right, but once it’s adjusted it works great!
The High Sierra Sentinel 65 Internal Frame Pack is the perfect backpack with lots of space, back support and is available at a great price.