The Teton Sports Scout 3400 Internal Frame Backpack is lightweight and holds a modest amount of gear in its top-loading main compartment and distinct sleeping bag compartment.
Internal frame packs hold the weight of your load close to your body, making it easier to maintain your balance on uneven terrain. They also provide stiffness and support, but they are not completely rigid, which makes them more flexible when you’re doing active sports.
What is good about the Teton Sports Scout 3400 Internal Frame Backpack
Main compartment – is top loading and is 3400 cubic inches in size along with a distinct sleeping bag compartment
Additional pockets – for smaller items and things you may need to access while hiking there are two side zippered pockets, side and front mesh pockets, and a top zippered pocket providing plenty of room. Also features a pocket for a padded water bladder (not included)
Well fitting – with dual aluminum stays that adjust to the shape of your back, along with contoured shoulder, lumbar, and waist pads. In addition, the height of the shoulder straps is adjustable, helping the pack accommodate a wide range of torso lengths. This lightweight pack (4.5 pounds without gear) won’t put undue stress on your back and shoulders even after a full day of hiking.
Rain fly – included which keeps your gear dry in wet conditions
Cons about the Teton Sports Scout 3400 Internal Frame Backpack
- Some hikers have had difficulty fitting their sleeping bag into the compartment. However if you have a lightweight sleeping bag you should not have a problem.
- Some hikers on longer trips have felt this backpack is too small. Use the chart below to purchase the best pack for your type of hike/trip.
Who the Teton Sports Scout 3400 Internal Frame Backpack is intended for
- Perfectly sized for youth and the light backpacker
Backpack size: Good for:
3,000 cubic inches and lower 1 day hikes or warm weather overnights
3,000 to 4,000 cubic inches 1 or 2 night trips in colder weather
4,000 cubic inches 3 day hike
5,000 to 6,000 cubic inches Week long hiking
6,000 plus cubic inches Journeys over one week
Teton Sports Scout 3400 Internal Frame Backpack Features and Specifications
- Compact internal frame backpack with a capacity of 3,400 cubic inches or 55 liters
- Dual aluminum stays with contoured shoulder, lumbar, and waist pads
- Height-adjustable shoulder straps accommodate wide range of torso lengths
- Top-loading main compartment, sleeping bag compartment, and pair of side zippered pockets
- Attached rain fly; compatible with most hydration systems
- Dimensions: 33″ x 17″ x 12″ (Full Capacity)
- Pack Weight: 4.5 lbs empty
- Shell is 600D Diamond Ripstop
- Color is Hunter Green (this model) or click link for Mecca Orange
What customers say about the Teton Sports Scout 3400 Internal Frame Backpack
There were lots of very positive reviews for the Teton Sports Scout 3400 Internal Frame Backpack. Most reviewers felt that this pack is overall a good quality pack. It has tons of pockets and loops to hook many things on.
Many reviewers liked how well this pack holds up, with one person commenting I bought this bag before I went to Europe and the whole time I was backpacking in Europe this bag sustained itself through rain, scratches and many other harsh conditions
A number of reviewers comment that the size of this pack is ideal for the novice to expert back packer/hiker. I put most of my needed stuff including an Amazon purchased Wenzel 8×8.5 tent into this pack. lots of useful extras on this bag. highly recommend this internal frame pack.
To see all of our backpacks, click here. Providing excellent value with a lot of features the Teton Sports Scout 3400 Internal Frame Backpack is ideal for overnight hiking.