The Eureka Apex 2XT Adventure Two-Person Tent is lightweight and roomy, perfect for your three season adventures into the backcountry. The Apex XT balances maximal thermal efficiency with superior ventilation, thanks to one entire wall of no-see-um mesh–great for stargazing on clear summer nights.
What is good about the Eureka Apex 2XT Adventure Two-Person Tent
Lightweight – at only 5 pounds, 12 ounces and a compact 6 x 18.6 inches this lightweight tent fits nicely in your backpack.
Easy setup – free-standing, this two-pole tent is quick and easy to set up with its durable shock corded fiberglass frame, ring and pin attachments, pole sleeve attachments, and color coded webbing.
Gear storage – full coverage fly features a roomy vestibule on each side (6.7 square foot apiece) for stashing your gear out of the way and out of the weather and providing dry tent entry. Also there are several pockets for storing smaller items.
Superior rain protection – walls are waterproof while a sturdy double-coated StormShield polyester fly protects the mesh wall in inclement weather. The Eureka Apex 2XT Adventure Two-Person Tent also features a factory-taped, bathtub floor that keeps seams taught and high off the ground for superior protection.
Awesome ventilation – maximal thermal efficiency with superior ventilation, thanks to one entire wall of no-see-um mesh which is great for stargazing on clear summer nights.
Cons about the Eureka Apex 2XT Adventure Two-Person Tent
- The tent is somewhat heavy at over 5lbs, however if you have one person carry the fly and the other the tent it is fine. Also some people use aluminium poles to reduce the weight.
- Although listed as a two person tent it would be very tight if using air mattresses.
Eureka Apex 2XT Adventure Two-Person Tent is intended for
- Car Camping Trip
Eureka Apex 2XT Adventure Two-Person Tent Features and Specifications
- Lightweight backpacker tent sleeps two (7′ 5″ by 4′ 11″ floor; 36.5 square foot area)
- Full vestibules on each side (6.7 square foot apiece) for stashing your gear out of the way
- Double-coated StormShield polyester fly and polyester bathtub floor provide excellent weather protection
- Well ventilated by one entire wall of no-see-um mesh, protected by Stormshield polyester fly
- Center height of 43.5 inches
- Twin track zippers for separate operation of the window in the door
- External guy points on the fly help secure your tent in high winds
- Two mesh gear pockets for internal storage
- Clothes line loop, flashlight loop
- 2 doors, 2 windows
- Wall fabrics: 1.9-ounce 70D Polyester taffeta 800mm coating
- Floor fabrics: 1.9-ounce 70D Polyester taffeta 800mm coating
- Fly fabrics: 1.9-ounce 75D 185T StormShield Polyester 800mm coating
- Pack size: 6 by 18.5 inches
- Weight: 5 pounds, 12 ounces
In 1960, Eureka’s new and innovative Draw-Tite tent, with its practical, free standing external frame, was used in a Himalayan Expedition to Nepal by world renowned Sir Edmund Hillary, the first person documented to summit Mt. Everest only six years earlier. In 1963, Eureka made history during its own Mt. Everest ascent, with more than 60 of its tents sheltering participants from fierce 60+ mph winds and temperatures reaching below -20°F during the first all American Mt. Everest Expedition.
For backpackers and families, Eureka introduced its legendary Timberline tent in the 1970s. Truly the first StormShield design, this completely self-supporting and lightweight backpacking tent became one of the most popular tents the entire industry with sales reaching over 1 million by its ten year anniversary.
What customers think of the Eureka Apex 2XT Adventure Two-Person Tent
Many reviewers talked about the size with one stating the tent fit two average sized adults without a problem, and we stayed very warm and dry.
Reviewers love the vestibules with one person mentioning the full vestibules on both sides is a must-have feature of this tent–great for storing gear, boots, and even cooking while under protective cover (unzip rainfly a bit before starting a stove). The two large entrance doors on both sides make entry and exit from the tent easy.
Another thing reviewers talked about was the weight. For example when backpacking, the weight is a bit on the heavy side. However if you are going on a trek with an adult partner, given them a tent pole and the rainfly, and a ground cloth. Meanwhile,you keep a tent pole, the tent itself, and the stakes–that is just over 2 pounds (nice for the ultralight packer).
Weather is always important when backpacking and this reviewer stated I have used this tent in weather ranging from calm winds to rain in moderate temperatures to 30mph winds and snow on the ground. It is easy to set up quickly, free-standing, and very roomy. I camp/hike/hunt with a 60lb dog and even without the vestibules, there is plenty of room for the two of us and all of our gear. Even with two adults in the tent, there is plenty of room for the dog to sleep comfortably.
To check out other Eureka tents, click here. The Eureka Apex 2XT Adventure Two-Person Tent is great for backpacking with a convenient gear storage area and many other features.